Current Vacancies | Earth Observation Scientist / Project Manager
ARGANS is a small, independent company of scientists and software developers based in Plymouth; our clients include the European Space Agency (ESA) as well as the European Commission. We are currently involved with Copernicus missions Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-3, the Earth Explorer SMOS mission and Horizon2020 Space projects.
Summary of the role:
We are recruiting an experienced Earth Observation scientist with proven project management experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the project work assigned to ARGANS as well as the sub-contractors involved in the project. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to complete technical/scientific tasks, as appropriate to these projects
This is an exciting role which involves components of both science and management. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a well-established background in science and professional experience in project management. Programming skills in Python and BASH scripts for scientific purposes is desirable.
The person selected for the position will:
- Lead projects and work with international industrial and scientific to ensure work is completed in line with our Client’s expectations
- travel and participate in meetings at ESA and as a member of our small and well-integrated multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- have the opportunity to collaborate in future projects, and undertake work that pushes the boundaries of satellite-based Earth Observation
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) located in our Plymouth offices in South Devon. All employees are:
- entitled to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) each year
- included within a bonus scheme (after successful completion of the probation period and payable on satisfactory performance of both the company and individual over the course of a financial year)
Additional benefits, such as our pension scheme, cycle to work and childcare voucher scheme, corporate health cover and income protection plan for employees working in the UK, are available. Where deemed appropriate, a relocation package will be provided for the successful candidate.
Primary role and responsibilities:
The duties of the role will include:
These details plus a candidate specification in terms of skills, knowledge, experience and qualities can be downloaded: Role Profile & Candidate Specification.
All applications must be submitted using an ARGANS application form from our website. For further information or to request an application form, please contact Lorraine on 01752 764298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Our interview process consists of two stages; stage one is an informal Skype interview and should you be successful, you will then proceed to stage two which is an interview day, held at our Plymouth offices.